Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend in Minneapolis

What a great long weekend and welcome to summer. Zach, Scooter, and I drove up to Minnesota on Saturday, because my parents had great tickets to the Twins game and we hadn’t been to Minneapolis since Christmastime.

Saturday before the game we went out to eat at Darby O’Ragans, which I think is a hilarious name for a restaurant, but the food was really good. Then we stopped for a picture. 



Our seats were amazing. They were in the Legend’s Club, which is a private section in between the upper and lower decks. There were no lines at the concessions and Twins artifacts everywhere. Thanks mom and dad!


To make the experience even better, my dad knew the cameraman that was right behind us and got Zach and I on kiss cam. 

Lifelong Dream Realized
The Twins came out on top of the pitcher’s duel and a man dressed as a mouse ran onto the field after the game. Best game ever.


On Sunday afternoon we went to a fun barbecue at Leah’s parents house and saw her and Blake’s new apartment. And then we went out to dinner at Keegan’s with Johannah and Ryan. So great to see all my Minnesota friends. 

Back in Chicago on Monday we had a nice Memorial Day picnic with John, Kirstin, and Gunnar. The boys played catch and Frisbee and the girls played with the baby.

After a weekend like that I would have hated going back to work today except for the fact that I’m almost done!

“How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” - Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment