Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Farewell to The Oprah Winfrey Show

I started watching The Oprah Winfrey Show my freshman year of high school. I’m sure I didn’t understand much about the topics, but I just loved her.

Since I moved to Chicago I was fortunate enough to attend two tapings. The first was with Liz and featured Hilary Duff, Enrique Iglesias, and Gwen Stefani. The second was last year with Whitney and featured Mary J. Blige and Malaak Compton-Rock, Chris Rock‘s wife. That show was the only Sunday taping in Oprah Show history and they sat us in the front section because I said “yes” when the audience booker asked if I was a Mary J. fan.

I learned so much from the show over the years: I read many great Oprah Book Club Books, I learned what it means to live in the present, I learned to listen to myself, and I learned that anything is possible. In fact, today on her final show she said that she was just turning thirty when she moved to Chicago. That shows me that my life is just beginning and that I can accomplish whatever I put my mind to. 

The Oprah Winfrey Show was the best produced show on television and will leave a huge hole in our Chicago hearts. Oh well there is still O Magazine.



“Don’t waste any more time. Start embracing the life that is calling you and use your life to serve the world.” - Oprah Winfrey on her final show

No comments:

Post a Comment