Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Maifest

My favorite festival of the spring never disappoints. Maifest was a little more crowded this year, so I think the joy of flaky pretzels and an abundance of lederhosen has reached a new peak. Despite the long lines and inability to hear anything it was a lovely evening.

I was so happy that so many people were able to join us for this one-of-a-kind celebration. A shout out to: Zach, Whitney, Tim, Mark, Meg, Dave, Cherie, Eirith, Ashley, Chris, and Sarah.

Me, Meg, and Dave Enjoying the Festivus
Also, a shout out to John, Kirstin, and Gunnar, who didn’t make it to the fest, but did brave the square to go to dinner. I was able to see them and hear Gunnar say, “Ker-ry” for the first time. It just near melted my heart.

The Famous "Cold Face"
That's a Better Pic
Such a fun night. Always nice to see Chicagoans out enjoying their city!

“I wake up every morning in a bed that's too small, drive my daughter to a school that's too expensive, and then I go to work to a job for which I get paid too little... but on pretzel day... well, I like pretzel day…” - Stanley Hudson, The Office

No comments:

Post a Comment